Welcome Karina, our new Membership and Office Coordinator


I am delighted to become part of the Young Naturalists’ Club of BC. My husband and I have two children (14 and 12) and our family has always been active outdoors.  We enjoy camping, hiking and exploring the shorelines and forests. 
I grew up in South Africa where we enjoyed spending time in the African bush veld.  We lived in the Edmonton area for 10 years before moving to North Vancouver five years ago.  While I liked the vastness of the prairies, I absolutely love living here, with mountains, ocean, forests at our doorstep. Walking the trails with my Airedale terrier always makes me happy.
The YNC mission is close to my heart, as I believe that instilling a love of nature in children is not only good for our environment, but also helps children be happier and healthier. 
I volunteer at my daughter’s school, and am thankful and inspired by all the wonderful volunteers at YNC who give their time and energy.

My work experience includes teaching, retail, graphic design and office admin, and I look forward to assisting and supporting you in the office. My part time hours are Tuesday through Thursday 9am - 2pm. A reminder, our new office phone number is 604-985-3059 . Email remains the same, you can reach me at info@ync.ca.