For a list of all NatureKids Clubs and their Explorer Days, click here.
|Meeting a sea cucumber at Porteau Cove June 2015, NatureKids AGM Explorer Day|
Here are just a few of the activities you might get up to:
- Pond dipping for aquatic insects;
- Hunting for fossils;
- Bird watching (and listening!);
- Marsh marching;
- Discovering life in a tidal pool.
Explorer Day Etiquette:
- Our motto is to observe and conserve; our code of conduct for NatureKids activities is respect for the environment, respect for each other and respect for ourselves.
- To take part in any Explorer Day, all children must be accompanied by adult guardians who:
- must sign an informed consent form available on the day - you can view the form here
- are responsible for the behaviour of their children
- Pre-registration with your club Leader is required for all Explorer Days. (Friends are welcome if space permits.)
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure enough time for informed consent signing and passport stamping. And speaking of passports, remember to bring it (you could even fill it out in advance at home to make it easier for the Leaders to stamp it).
- Starting times are firm out of courtesy to the Nature Mentor of the day. Sorry but we can't wait for those who are late.
- Please stay with the Leader and let him/her know if you are leaving early.
- Any young naturalist 14 years of age and under must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for them. We share your excitement about nature and kindly remind young naturalists that disruptive behaviour that impacts the enjoyment of others on an Explorer Day may result in you being asked to leave.
- Being prepared for fun! This is Canada and all activities take place rain or shine (unless otherwise noted). Please consider the weather and the activity, and wear appropriate clothing and shoes, including sun hats and sunscreen. Bring snacks and water. Some other items that might be useful to bring: magnifying glass, binoculars, sketch book and pencil, camera and field guides.
Need another Passport? Download one here.